Case Study
SubscribeSubscribe

Addiktive Games is the one-person mobile game studio behind the casual idle game, Idle Bubbles Cannon. As a solo operation, it was key for founder Pedro Navarro to find a robust, easy-to-use mediation platform with first-class data reporting. This would enable him to stay on top of his monetization operations while focusing on his passion - game development. Below Pedro shares his account of his partnership with ironSource and how it led to him to increase eCPM by 50%.

Solo operation

I first began making games back in 2011, but only got started in the mobile gaming space two years ago. As I had experience with Bubble Shooter-style games, I decided to transfer this know-how to my new adventure on mobile. That’s how Idle Bubbles Cannon was born. 

Because I run a solo operation, from the beginning I recognized the importance of finding a mediation platform that would do the complicated monetization business for me, or at least make it much easier for me to manage. That way I can focus on developing and designing my game. 

However, the mediation platforms I tried using didn’t quite meet my expectations. I reached out to some fellow indie game developers for advice, and they recommended I give ironSource a shot. I put their advice to test and signed up for ironSource’s mediation platform, which has quickly proven to be the best solution for me. 

First-class data reporting

Easy integration

It was very smooth and straightforward to integrate the ironSource SDK into Idle Bubble Cannon’s tech stack, which was very important for me seeing as I didn’t have a whole team behind me. The seamless experience continued as I began managing my monetization operations on the platform, which has a very user-friendly dashboard.

"For a developer like myself, who doesn’t have years of expertise in monetization management, having a platform that is intuitive to use and makes the whole process easier to operate is a huge advantage"

- Pedro Navarro, Founder, Addiktive Games

In addition, ironSource has a very detailed and informative knowledge center to help me fill any gaps in my understanding - and whenever I need to speak to the ironSource team, they’re fast to provide a helpful answer.

Easy testing

I started by using ironSource’s A/B testing tool to help me optimize my monetization setup. Because ironSource connects to so many top ad networks, I can access really strong demand to fill my game’s ad space. For example, I ran a test in which I added a rewarded video ad placement in my game to a group of users, and I saw that this had a positive uplift on my eCPM. As a result, I rolled out this ad placement to all the relevant users in my game to maximize my revenue. 

First class reporting

The dashboard has fantastic analytics and data transparency: I can see all the data I need, from ARPDAU and DAU to ad engagement rate and usage rate within a few seconds. This means I don't need to rely on third-party reporting services to get my data, which is what many other game developers using different mediation platforms have to do. Everything I need is in one place, which saves me from an additional expense.

Growing the bubble

Since switching to ironSource’s mediation, I’ve increased my eCPM by 50%, which has enabled me to really grow my game into a successful business. With this significant jump in revenue, I’ve had the resources to reinvest in user acquisition, helping me grow my user base and in turn further grow my revenue. 

I now have plans to develop a few more games to build on this success, and I’m very interested to try out ironSource’s bidding tool to automate my monetization operations and generate even more revenue.

Let's put these tips to good use

Grow your app business with ironSource