If you’re reading this, you have probably heard that ironSource went public on the New York Stock Exchange. In case you don’t quite know who we are or what we do, here’s an overview.
Getting to know ironSource
We’re on our phones a LOT (over 4 hours a day, on average), and most of that time (83%) we’re on apps. Each of those apps is someone’s business, and with 140B apps downloaded in 2020, that’s a lot of businesses. But there’s a fundamental difference between building a great app and building a great app business and that’s where ironSource, founded in 2010, comes in.
Our solutions allow the core constituents of the App Economy to focus on what they do best - creating great apps and user experiences - while we take care of the rest. ironSource helps developers turn their apps into scalable, successful businesses and we empower telecom operators to create a richer experience for their users across the lifecycle of the device.
To learn more, here are 10 things you should know about what we do:
10 things you probably didn't know about ironSource
Here we go:
1. The ironSource platform serves the two main constituents of the App Economy: App developers (the Sonic solution) and telecom operators (the Aura solution).
2. ironSource reaches 2.5B monthly active users
3. The ironSource platform is used by 90% of the top 20 most downloaded games
4. ironSource is one of the top independent platforms for game developers ranked by AppsFlyer.
5. ironSource has 850+ employees around the world
Over 50% of our employees are devoted to R&D, ensuring our tech and culture is always top of line and innovative. Here is a pic of our management team:
6. ironSource has a unique, founder-led team
We are still led by our expert founders more than a decade later. Each time ironSource acquired a company, we invited those founders into the inner executive team, creating a strong and lasting base of executive leadership.
7. ironSource works with all app developers
The App Economy is much bigger than gaming, but we believe that apps of all genres and brands should go all-in on in-game inventory. Considering the mobile gaming market is a $76B industry, gaming is incredibly lucrative for all apps and brands, not just games.
8. ironSource has a rapidly growing >$100K customer base
ironSource has 292 customers spending >$100K. We also have high gross retention at 99%.
9. ironSource is public under the IS ticker
ironSource went public on the NYSE under the IS ticker.
10. ironSource is one of a kind… seriously
Out of the 3,647 global public tech companies, ironSource is the only one that shows over 50% growth.