Monthly active users
What is MAU?
Monthly active users (MAU) is an app usage metric which reveals the total amount of users who visit an app within a 30 day period. MAU helps app developers understand their app’s popularity - is it increasing, decreasing, or stagnant?
MAU growth: How to increase monthly active users
There are several ways to increase monthly active users. It begins with a strong retention marketing strategy:
- Learn how users behave inside your app by using an analytics tool to track sessions, session length, buttons clicked, and more
- Optimize your onboarding flow
- Use push notifications and offer special promotions to encourage existing users to return
- Run retargeting campaigns
- Use in-app messaging as a re-engagement tool
- Do email marketing
- Run CPE campaigns as a way to get high-quality users cost-effectively